Sunday, November 1, 2009

Speak

I finished the book speak about a week ago. I have to say I really liked it. I'm not going to tell you what happens because you should definitely read it yourself, but I will give you the main idea of it all. Melinda (the main character) continues to lead a very boring, negative life, but towards the very end of the book, her life gets better. That is pretty much all I really want to tell you about the book, but I thought the book had a great ending. Melinda grows so much as a person. For how much I didn't like it in the beginning, the ending sure made up for it a lot. I saw Melinda as like a whole new person by the end of the book. She finally is able to see some better days. I also thought this book sent a very important message(s). I put the "S" in parentheses because you kind of have to interpret if some things have a message or lesson to you or not. I thought this book had many messages and lessons to learn. For example, Melinda teaches the reader that you have to speak up about things even to your friends and enemies. The last thing I have to say about this book is how much the author was able to believably write from Melinda's point of view. Melinda got easier to relate to as the story progressed. Speak might of had a slow, boring start, but now that I think about it, there were some things the author added in to make the book a little more interesting and the ending was pretty amazing. For you readers out there who don't mind reading through a few chapters of bla-bla-bla just to get to a very shocking and dramatic end, then you should definitely read Speak.

P.S. If you can find the platinum edition, I recommend reading that and the interview with the author. (very interesting!)

I commented in Alexis's blog.

2 comments:

  1. i can never read books that start slow cause i have a really short attention span.....especially when it comes to books! for me it has to have action the whole way through! although i do luv books that teach lessons though! and i also luv it when books end really awsomly, cause when u look bak on it it makes u think about its goodness. LUV THE BLOG!!! TTYL!

    ReplyDelete